Saturday 5 March 2011

Pizza Bianco




I am currently obsessed with MasterChef Australia. I have just recently discovered the show online and it's great. Season 2 is now almost a year old and I can't wait for season 3 to start. In one of the challenges they had to make a pizza and they later had a master class as well about it where they showed a Pizza Bianco, what literally means white so there is no tomato sauce. When we made pizzas recently I thought I had to give it a go and it's delicious!

So I infused some good olive oil with rosemary and chopped garlic and you lightly brush it on the rolled out pizza dough. Put some grated cheese on it, any cheese you like really. We had a mix of smoked cheddar, gruyere and some parmesan. Very thinly slice your potatoes (I used red ones but more for the optic) and layer on top. Brush the slices with some more of the garlic and rosemary oil and bake in the oven at very high temperature.

No comments: